Mediviron UOA Aesthetic Clinic's Candela GentleYAG laser provides laser hair removal for everyone. Whether you’re fair skinned, dark skinned, or well-tanned, the GentleYAG laser can eliminate the need for shaving, plucking, waxing, or depilatory creams. The laser can be done on any parts of the body. You can choose to see our male or female aesthetic doctors and staffs for your complete privacy.
Lasers have been used for many years for a variety of medical and cosmetic procedures including treatment of facial and leg veins, age spots, and skin rejuvenation. The GentleYAG System, a revolutionary long-pulse high-energy Nd:YAG laser, emits a gentle beam of light that passes through the skin to the hair follicle where it is absorbed. The laser energy is transformed into heat, which destroys the hair follicle, leaving the surrounding skin unaffected. The skin is further protected during treatment by a Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD) in which a cooling spray is sprayed onto the skin, cooling the upper layers and providing clients with increased comfort. GentleYAG selectively helps to protect the skin, while effectively treating the unwanted hair.
- We will use the GentleYAg's handpiece to touch the skin and deliver the laser light. A cooling cryogen spray will cool the skin just before each laser pulse.
- Most patients experience little discomfort at the treatment site because of the Dynamic Cooling Device system present on the Candela laser. Most clients find the procedure bearable and not very painful. Topical anesthesia can be applied for 20-30 minutes before treatment to make it more comfortable.
- The procedure can take as little as a few minutes for small areas, up to 30 minutes for large areas.
- The treated area may become pinkish or reddish within 30 minutes of treatment; this may last for a few hours and is relieved with the application of ice or cooling gels. You can opt to put some make-up or concealer to hide the redness if you wish to.
Number Of Treatments Needed
Hair grows in cycles. 6 sessions of treatment is required as the process is only effective on hair during the early growing cycle.
Laser hair removal works only on the hairs that are in an active growth stage. Each hair is in a different stage of development and growth at any given time. Follicles that are in the dormant or non-growth stage will not be affected by the laser. Additional treatments ensure the treatment of hairs that have returned to an active growth stage.
Are Results Permanent?
Laser hair removal is the premier treatment option today and provides long term hair reduction. You can expect to see at least 90% reduction in hair after 6 treatments. The remaining hair grows back much finer and lighter than before treatment. Results will be long term, lasting from 20 years to indefinitely.
How Does It Work?
The Candela GentleYAG laser creates a beam of high-intensity light that penetrates deep into the skin tissue where it delivers a controlled amount of targeted therapeutic heat. Candela’s patented Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD) technology protects the upper layers of your skin with a burst of cooling spray. Together, the long pulse laser and DCD cooling offer optimal treatment with minimal side effects.
Before and after Candela GentleYAG hair removal
While most patients report little to no discomfort during treatment, some patients may feel a slight discomfort during treatment. The discomfort experienced resolves in several seconds and is minimized by Candela’s DCD cooling. A anesthetic numbing cream may be used prior to your treatment, by applying it 20-30 minutes before doing the laser.
Although risks and complications from laser hair removal are uncommon, there may be short-term side effects associated with treatment. Short-term side effects may include reddening or slight swelling of the skin, which may last up for an hour up to a few days. An acne-like reaction can occur in some people, but is uncommon and will go away by itself in a few days without any scarring or lasting side effects.
The Candela GentleYAG laser can be used safely on almost any skin type including dark skin and tanned skin. Treatment may be performed on men and women of all ages, including children over the age of 12.
Since laser hair removal is non-ablative (meaning it does not cut or burn the skin), you may return to normal activities on the same day. Please do not sun tan or expose your skin to too much direct sunlight for at least 1-2 weeks after treatment. You should use a sunscreen with SPF 25 or 30 while outdoors. Avoid tweezing, plucking or waxing in between treatments. You may shave your hair in between treatments
Watch videos of how permanent laser hair removal is done. All 5 videos above use the Candela GentleYAG laser.
Laser hair removal is the solution to unwanted hair. Laser hair removal is less of an investment of time and finances than other hair removal techniques. During your free consultation, the treatment plan and payment options will be thoroughly presented to you.
For upper lip area only, it costs RM600 per session. It costs RM1000 per session for small area. Upper lip plus lower lip/ neck/ both armpits/ both thighs/ both calves/ buttocks/ bikini area is 1 small area each. It costs RM1500 per area for big areas. Chest plus tummy/ back/ both forearms plus arms is 1 big area. Sign up for 5 sessions and get 1 session free.
What Other Conditions Can Be Treated With Candela GentleYAG Laser?
- Pseudofolliculitis Barbae (PFB): Also known as beard bumps, is a common skin condition caused by irritation of the hair follicle and causes skin to appear rough and bumpy, especially in the jaw area. This condition can be resolved with laser hair removal in the affected area. 6 sessions are needed for the best results, done once a month. It cost RM1000 per session. Sign up for 5 sessions and get 1 session free.
- Nose Veins: the tiny purple or reddish blood vessels that appear around the nose can be easily and painlessly removed utilizing the GentleYAG laser. 6 sessions are needed, done once a month. It cost RM1000 per session. Sign up for 5 sessions and get 1 free.
- Leg Veins: tiny purplish or red colour fine veins less than 2 milimeter that form on the legs can also be painlessly and quickly removed utilizing the GentleYAG laser. 6 sessions are needed, done once a month. It cost RM1000 per session to do both thighs (up to the knee level). It cost RM1000 per session to do both calves (up to the knee level). Sign up for 5 sessions and get 1 free. The laser does not work on varicose veins or veins larger than 2 milimeter in diameter.
- Skin tightening, non-surgical face, body & breast lifting: The Candela GentleYAG laser performs skin tightening and lifting of the various parts of the body effectively and without any downtime. Non-surgical face lifting with skin tightening costs RM1500 per session, performed once a month. Skin tightening and lifting for tummy/ both breasts/ both arms or both thighs cost RM2000 per session. For any body parts, sign up for 5 times and get 1 session free. 6 sessions are necessary.